Welcome to ISA Toronto!
We are a non-profit association for automation professions in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) of Ontario, Canada. We have been an official local section of the International Society of Automation (ISA) since 1948.
We invite you to browse our website, come to one of our events, and become engaged with your fellow automation professionals and the GTA automation community.
Please make sure to not miss our
ISA Toronto 2017 Exposium for the Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage Communities in the GTA took place on Thursday June 22, 2017, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Sandman Signature Hotel, 5400 Dixie Rd, Mississauga, ON.
Free for Attendees.
The ISA Toronto Section was pleased to host the 2017 Exposium for the Pharmaceutical, Food and Beverage Communities in the Greater Toronto Area. This all-day event featured a select group of industry experts, who talked about the emerging technologies that are changing the way things are done in the industry. The event included Expo and Networking opportunities.
Talks covered throughout the day included:
- Overview of Ontario food processing industry, the industry needs, and how Ontario automation industry can support those needs – OMAFRA
- IIOT – Industrial Internet of Things and Industry 4.0 – Endress+Hauser
- Rapid Microbial Monitoring – High Purity Water a case Study – Cheme Engineering
- Regulatory Requirements and Controls for Dairy Pasteurization – Anderson-Negele
Lunch & Talk by Omron Automation Americas (by Invitation Only):
Robotics in the Food & Beverage Industry – Omron
- Food Safety Modernization Act – Grantek
- Sample processing automation in line with GCMS and LCMS – SCION Instruments Canada/Gerstel Technologies
- USP Chapter 233, Enhanced sample preparation Planning and Implementation and Structure recovery test – Anton Paar
- Serialization Track and Trace – ACH Engineering
- ASME Bioprocessing Equipment Standard & the Canadian regulatory requirements: the future of Biosafety in Canada – TITAN RESEARCH GROUP
The Lunch Talk, presented by Jeff Renaud (Robotics Business Development Manager of Omron Automation Americas), will provide the attendee with food for thought when it comes to how robotics is transforming Industry 4.0 and the Industrial Internet of Things. Come learn how fixed and mobile robots are changing the manufacturing landscape offering the advantages of decreased production costs, shorter cycle times, improved quality & reliability, better floor space utilization, reduced waste, increased safety, more savings and attracting more customers. View application examples from various industries and meet “The Transporter”, Omron’s mobile Autonomous Intelligent Vehicle (AIV) … sure to be a “show stopper”.
SCION Instruments Canada Limited/Gerstel technologies; Anton-Paar; Omron Automation Americas;
ITS – Industrial Technical Services; Anderson-Negele; Endress+Hauser; Cheme Engineering Inc.;
Grantek Systems Integration; ACH Engineering; TITAN RESEARCH GROUP; Hach; HWMR Ltd.;
ProMinent Fluid Controls Ltd. – CA
Join us for 2018 ISA Food and Pharmaceutical Industries Division (FPID) Symposium in Toronto in May-June, and take in the talks, walk the exhibit floor, and network with fellow practitioners in the field.
Distribute the News about coming ISA Toronto Events!
Invite others to the Events!
Leo Salemi, ISA Toronto Section President
Professor and Coordinator Building Automation
Center for Construction and Engineering Technologies
George Brown College
416 415 5000 x 6843
ISA Toronto Section Executive Committee firstname.lastname@example.org